Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Timelessness

I never knew what a responsibility it is to start a blog. When I leave it unattended for days on end, my link on my friends blogs report my dereliction with great accuracy. Maybe I am becoming a voyouer, reading everyone elses thoughts but keeping mine to myself. I think it is much more simple - I am speechless.

My life is different now that I am truly between jobs, time seems to disappear in ways it never did when I was busy and focused on work. From my first sip of coffee to finally clearing the counter and going up to take a shower can turn into an hour while I finish the crossword puzzle and maybe even tackle Sudoko. I have a thousand projects that I said I would start and or finish as soon as I had a free minute, but I can't seem to get motivated to do them. Well that's not totally true, I did finally get the drip system installed and the tomatoes and herbs are flourishing. Maybe tomorrow I will write a to-do list in ink.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I remember when I was getting ready to move to Germany I was laying in bed one morning not wanting to get up and go to work. I looked at Dawson and promised him that from now on every day would be like Saturday but it turns out that when you do not work every day is not Saturday....every day is a mild Wednesday. It turns out you need a long Friday and a hectic Monday to make Saturday so lovely.

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...