Tuesday, February 28, 2012

If you are happy and you know it clap your hands

It has been a long two weeks.  It started out happy - my sister-in-law married a great guy and they threw a fabulouso party.  On the way up I got to have dinner with my Mom and snag a Coach purse at the outlet mall across the bridge.  All in all - perfect!  Until I got the call that my Aunt had died.

I wrote about my Aunt in my last blog - my memories of her as an aunt and a woman.  The real lesson that I came away with was - when you are happy share it, roll it around on your tongue like a perfect chocolate, wallow in it.  When you are sad, admit it, mourn when it is time to mourn, cry when you have a boo boo, ache when your heart breaks.  But when you are mad, hurt, insulted - talk about it to the ones you love.  Even if they aren't the one's who caused it - let it go.  You only have so much room in your little heart don't clutter it with old hurts, real or imagined.  Every hurt you care for and feed takes away time and energy from what you really want to do - stock up on kisses, kindnesses, warm breezes. I will guarantee you - 100% that the hurt you are nurturing and caring for, feeding and keeping stoked, the other person has no idea that it is that important.  Because most times they think that if it was that important and you loved them you would have wanted to talk it out. 

Tonight I am opening my hands, letting go, and taking back all of my good memories.  I don't have the energy any more to be angry.  And if truth be told, what do I have to be angry about.

On to sweet sticky kisses from the wee tots and careful hugs from the "guys". 

2 comments:

Jade M. said...

Such wise words. Nicely put.

Jade M said...

Such wise words. Nicely put.

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...