Friday, June 25, 2010

Pride

Last week my computer started giving me fits. The wireless connection would not connect, then the wired connection gave up. I was off the grid - at least on my laptop for more than a week. Thank heaven for IPhone. It was truly a pain. I would work on my laptop, transfer files to a thumb drive, hop over to a computer that was working, log on to webmail and then reverse when needed. In the mean time I tried every hint, trick and new drivers that came up on line. No luck. Finally in a fit of frustration I off loaded my data and reformatted the computer.

Now that sounds easy - but in fact it is not. I am still trying to recover some software I downloaded but never have a disc. Anyway, by Tuesday afternoon I was back on the grid. This morning - no internet. At least the wired connection worked. So I go to my trusty Dell site, download another driver and then finally think -- Oh I have a warranty.

After an hour with the tech, it was finally determined that it was hardware failure. New hardware to arrive sometime Monday or Tuesday.

The lesson is that if I wasn't so darn stubborn I would have logged on to Dell when it first when kaput and the problem would have been solved and I would not have gone through reformatting my computer. It would have saved 10 days of aggrevation. I need to remember this - I think there are more applications.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...