Thursday, July 1, 2010

What is clever quickly becomes obsolete

We were driving up to West Virginia when I noticed a big blue sign letting drivers know to call the State Police for roadside assistance at *SP. It got me thinking about all of the companies and organizations that paid for numbers that spelled out something like "Call 1-888-HOPE" What has changed? My phone doesn't have a regular keyboard with the number/letter keys, neither does my home phone. It takes me some forever to figure out the real number. It was a good idea while it lasted but it is time to move on - just give me the number!

Maybe my next blog will be on the progression from phone boxes along the highway to dial *SP. Anybody besides me remember the phone boxes on the Jersey turnpike?

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...