Saturday, November 23, 2013

What a difference a month makes

I promise this is my last poor me rant.  I know I should not feel like this is the last... Last business trip to DC, last big project, last etc.  I know that I have revamped my professional life many times, sometimes a minor tweak, sometimes a major change, but usually the change was for the better.  This time the change wasn't thought out or planned it just happened.  And now that the last move event is over and the project is wrapped up I am adrift.  My laptop is tucked under the hotel desk no report to write, no lists to start, no next round of meetings to set up.   My life has been defined by what I do.  My projects have driven my calendar.  I have been incredibly lucky to have great projects that have given me the income and freedom to have a personal life.   So what is next.  Guess the most important things are - don't panic,  take the next few weeks to enjoy my family, recharge and get my professional credentials in order, and put on my big girl panties and remember that I am actually pretty good at what I do and network, network from a mindset of confidence.  Promise next blog will be about enjoying the day to day. In the next few days I will get to spend several days with family and friends.  So no more fretting, open the cookbook, send in the grocery list, heat up the oven and spend days cooking yummy food and enjoying great company.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tough times! It can be hard to be adrift.

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...