Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday morning

6:15 the intrepid guard dog lumbers up and moves the few feet to Ashby's door. I turn over for 15 minutes more of sleep. Alarm goes off at 6:30 and I open Ashby's door to start the getting up process, pull on sweats and take Duke across for the early morning business. Ashby is waiting for us and ready to play. But I am on a schedule shower, breakfast, dressed and out the door by 8:15 to head to school. My life on timers. 15 minutes of play, followed by an Ocoto segment on tv while I shower and then breakfast, clothes, teeth, sunscreen and out the door at 8:15 on the dot.

My back seat driver gives me directions to the school, we find a parking place and then I can't figure how to get him out of the car seat. Oh! The red button release is on backward and I don't have the strength to push the button. Ashby watches me wondering how I didn't know this simple direction. He asks if I forgot to write it down since I am always referring to the notebook for everything else. I finally free him and we walk over to the school being greeted by a teacher who graciously walks us to his classroom. Along the way Ashby has another worry - did I write down "a hug and a kiss before I leave". I reassure him that I would never forget the hugs and kisses. Now to squeeze in some work before heading back at 11:10 to pick him up.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...