Thursday, April 18, 2013

Street creds

A short diversion from the Ashby chronicles. I have discovered that I need street creds if I want to claim to be a Baltimorean.  In idle conversation at a small store, with the nursery school lady or even the dog walker there is some interest that I grew up here.  I quickly learned that Lutherville is equal to Mars.  Towson has a little more cred worthiness since the street car ended there.  Grew up in Loch Raven Village - doesn't even register with real downtown Balmorean's.  The street car never went there and no one from Canton ever aspired to move there.  Maybe Parkville but none of the above.  The real cred is in my trump card.  "My daughter lives in Locust Point, in the block down from my sister."  And in truth, it is really nice to say my sister lives in the next block.  I can't think of anywhere I have ever lived where that statement would get the knowing head nod of approval.  And it is really nice.  Almost makes me want to move here - except who knows where Meagan and MJ will be in a year.  So I guess I will stay in Charlotte - at least that usually elicits - oh I was there once or my cousin moved there. 

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...