Friday, January 7, 2011

Small steps to success

I am off to a good start on keeping my resolutions. It has only been 7 days, but I have made some of the important first steps.
A resume -- hard to believe but after many, many angsting tries I have finally completed a resume that is in an acceptable short format. I posted it on Dice and have applied for two jobs. Don't get too excited -- if experience is any teacher I will now chew my nails if no one calls. But it is a start. Things are beginning to perk up with some existing or newly emerging projects so with a little luck I get busier one way or the other.
My grandson is bringing a friend to go snowboarding next weekend. I will be the chauffeur and chief cook and bottle washer. I am really looking forward to having him at the house - think snow! The newest grand baby has not made her big entrance yet but I have told everyone that all meetings are off the day she arrives.
The only eating out once a week resolution is in jeopardy! I stuck to eating in before going up to play Bunco, so I am hoping a few glasses of wine with the gals doesn't count as eating out! I may need to revisit that resolution.
Oh and finally - three days at the gym so far, need to work on that a little more. I am hoping walking two miles a day with the pooch will compensate when I am out of town.
Looking back I realize the exercise and eating out resolutions relied on my actually being here. January is a big travel month with skiing, babies, skiing, grandsons. Maybe the resolution needs to be modified that I go to the gym every day I am home (unless I have a morning client meeting) and eating out is forgiven when I am away. Wish I loved carrot sticks more!

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...