Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow in the South

I am sure by now you are totally bored with my fascination for snow in Charlotte. But it is such an EVENT. For days the weather forecasters have been telling us that this storm is marching towards us bringing snow, sleet, ice, pestilence. The stores were empty by mid-afternoon yesterday. Last night the newscasters were in a tizzy and the break-in updates were telling us that the snow would start by 4AM. Sure enough I woke up to snow. Well, I woke up to my husband texting me from Las Vegas at 7:28AM my time to be careful walking the dog because it was slippery. It snowed, Zed was very unhappy because the snow was up to his little tummy. We did our best, but I think he will have to be really interested in going out before he tries again. The snow is wet enough that he comes in as one furry snowball.

All morning the local news has given us minute by minute updates, with call in's from people with snow pictures of their backyards and 'live' reports of who is driving around in the neighborhoods. They even pre-empted Rachel Ray!

I have done my part, I pushed the snow off the back deck and moved the snow of the driveway enough to give Zed a path to under the evergreen trees and swept off the grass. Now it is up to him. Me, I am going to heat up the hot chocolate and snuggle up with a book. No wait -- I am going to heat up the hot chocolate and work.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...