Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

This has been a wonderful Thanksgiving! It is the first year I didn't cook in a long time. Sandy and Betty brought a smoked turkey - very yummy. They were in charge of dinner and it was fabulous. Creamy mashed potatoes, rolls, turkey, green bean casserole and two kinds of cranberries - and to top it off it was all gluten free. Yeah! The weather cooperated and was balmy, today it returned to cold, windy and snow/rain. Got keep in the mood.

I got everything on my to-do-list done. The drapes are hemmed and hung on the new rod, and the Christmas tree is up and decorated. A truly cooperative effort. They guys moved the furniture - twice, the first time didn't work out - and hung the traverse rod. I got to stretch out the dining room table and layout the drapes where I could hem them sitting in a chair, not on the floor. All in all a wonderful week. Now we are off to see the family. I am looking forward to lunch with my Mom at a very holiday type place and then dinner with my sweetie at a little Italian restaurant around the corner from Meagan's house. Sunday is a girls day, when we get to shower Jade and Miss Madi, celebrate Elizabeth's engagement (oohing and aaahing over her engagement ring only seen on line so far) and celebrate Tiff's birthday. How often do you get to do so many things in one day? It will be hard to head home when it is all done.

There are so many things to be thankful for - good friends, great children + their awesome spouses (thank you for choosing so well) Sisters, brothers, in-laws and out-laws, nieces, nephews, wee tots and ones on the way. I don't get to see them very often and seldom in one place but this year has been a year of family. Starting with Ashby's birthday, then Ashley's wedding we have come together as a family more often this year some past. Let's keep up the good work!

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...