Monday, October 6, 2014

Wish me well

Tomorrow we fly up to DC to pitch a proposal for a project that is a dream job for hubby. Previous client, wonderful to work with, great working conditions. It is the client we were working for when we were riffed for "not having the skills needed". Long story short, we know they are also bidding but we don't know if they are short listed. I have mixed feelings about winning. The project will take a year and would be the perfect end to my career. More importantly it would be a great project for hubby. So why am I ambiguous? It is a very intensive project and we will probably rent an apartment so we don't have to stay in hotels and hopefully keep off the consultant 10 pounds. But I may be away from home a lot. Last time the draw for the project was staying over to see my Mom, Meagan, my sister. A lot has changed since then. I still get to see my sister (who may be stressed by my doting presence) But the biggie is I will miss my little life here. I like my little 30 hour a week job, with no stress, and a very understanding boss. I like my friends, my routine and truth be told I was really ready to be RETIRED. So wish me good luck, it is the perfect project for us, it will feather our nest and let me postpone drawing on retirement dollars. And the rainbow at the end of the project is I will start looking for a puppy. So Mom, I will wear my lucky bracelet that you gave me, pull up my big girl panties and put on my pointy toe shoes. Benson Girls never pass up a great opportunity.

 

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...