Monday, October 20, 2014

Telling time

I will admit that I don't have a really accurate internal clock. It is a failing I have worked on intermittently with little success. My most accurate memories are based on what was happening around me at the time. So my mattress is as old as Ashby. On the 4th of July weekend when Meagan was oh so pregnant we went bed shopping. Hubby was sure our bed was too soft. (This is not a 3 little bears story). And I was hunting for a bed that wasn't too soft or too firm. Meagan and I went from mattress store to mattress store trying out beds. One very pregnant lady and me. Some were too firm and some were too soft, none was perfect. When we were exhausted and ready to quit we tried the last store on the list. The salesman was busy but said to lay down on this bed and he would be with us next. Then he took out the remote and made a few adjustments. My head went up slightly and my feet went up slightly and my back said ohh stay here. My predisposition to hate this bed faded away. I still love my bed. Unfortunately hubby is not so in love. I have tried many different toppers to make it softer for him but he is still not in love. But I know exactly how old my mattress is - Ashby's birthday plus two weeks. The industry says to replace your mattress every 8 - 10 years. I have five left before I have to give in and move this one to the guest room. Psst - mattress I love you and I promise to sleep with you even if you move down the hall.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...