Monday, March 17, 2014

Dog knowledge

Zed loves tuna fish.  His idea of sharing is I pour a little juice from the water packed can on his kibble and then add a few bits from the edge of the can for him to savor.  He isn't interested in tuna salad, he likes his straight up.  He is always watchful for tuna day.   

He has been feeling poorly the past few days, sniffing at his meals, sleeping even more than usual.  This afternoon he was asleep upstairs on his blanket on our bed, had been there for quite awhile while I went up and down doing laundry.  Then the "tuna sequence" lured him down the stairs.  The sequence goes like this.   I open the kitchen cabinet and take out a can, then I go to the fridge get out the celery bag, take out a piece to rinse and dice.  The clincher that triggers his must come down for tuna thought is when I open the drawer and get out the can opener.  That is the crucial step he does not want to miss for fear I will forget to share.   After that he waits patiently and attentively while I get his bowl, add a little kibble, a dash or two of tuna juice and the tuna bits.   He doesn't come down for other food preparation, no rushing to see if he can snag a crumb of carrots being sliced or chicken being washed and prepped for cooking.  No, it is all about the tuna.  

After dining on his favorite, he decided to stay downstairs and curled up on his pillow bed.  The good news is he felt well enough to rouse himself for tuna day.   

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...