Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Aggravating but not fatal

Went to Dr today for my finger and diagnosis is yes I separated the tendon but the fix is 6 weeks in splint.  If I forget and don't support my finger reset the six week clock and expect a less than perfect heal.   That was the upbeat news.  The Dr was under 30 and a rock climber.  Not too sympathetic to an "older woman" who slipped on the steps.  Given my age I should start hand exercises.  And insult to whatever when I came in midst a stressful day my BP was elevated (by a rock climber ultra thin and fit Dr standard) after the X-ray I was in the exam room for an hour fretting about my poor sick puppy at home only to discover Dr Machiavellian was waiting to take by BP again to see if it went down.  What? I came in for my finger not a lifestyle discussion.  I need a Dr over 60 with some sympathy!!

1 comment:

rwbenson said...

I often cringe inwardly now when I catch myself referring to a twenty-something colleague as a "young man" (something I hated when I was that age and thought should only apply to a child) But they do look young now to our eyes don't they? And you can't help but think of all the things they can't possibly know but should. Perhaps there should be a referral service to find that "slightly older" medical professional who (strangely) never wants to retire even when we do.

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...