Monday, March 11, 2013

On the road again

Many years ago I spent weeks on the road, coming home on weekends to terrorize my family before repacking and heading out again on Sunday r night. I was focused on career and justified the nights away as just doing my best to bring home the moolah that paid for the non-essentials for our family.

It is different now. Today I have a job not a career. I am not working my way up the totem pole. I am not irreplaceable - hmm maybe. But there are huge differences between then and now. Then I would work until midnight staying in my room, ordering room service, beginning to think Holiday Inn was decor. This week is the end of several weeks where I have been gone too long. The hotels are one step up but they are still hotels.

This week I made a decision to make some changes. Friday I took my book down to the bar area and sat on the sofa in front of the fireplace and had a glass of wine. This afternoon when I got back from work I went down to the lobby and had a cup of coffee while I read my book. I am making an effort to live outside of my room. Granted there is no one to talk to but at least there is activity.

I am thankful for the work and thankful for the freedom to upgrade my habitat. So it is now my job to adapt.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...