Saturday, December 17, 2011

The gods must be laughing

Monday I slipped down the wood stairs in the house and ended up battered and bruised. Bruce came back early from Cary so he could help me get out of bed in the morning. Today he picked up the grocery order from the store before heading out for his first golf day since his shoulder surgery in October. I took a pill to quiet the muscle spasms and prepared to do a little work before he got back when what to my wondering surprise the phone rang and Sandy his golfing buddy says "Bruce fell down on the fairway and I have called 911 he can't get up.".

So I quickly dressed. Mike walked the dog. We headed up to meet the ambulance as they took the backboard and stretcher down. Quick summary. Sandy sent for one of the maintenance carts. They loaded Bruce on the board into the back drove him up to the road, loaded him into the ambulance and headed downtown. After almost 6 hours in ER X-rays and consultations they moved him upstairs to await surgery in the morning. He tore his quadriceps ligament and cannot lift his leg. His other leg is badly bruised and not taking weight.

So here we are the lame and the injured spending the night in n lovely room on the 11th floor overlooking downtown Charlotte

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...