Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas

For as long as I can remember I have had a love hate relationship with Christmas. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the season. It is so much less stressful. Christmas brings out all of the angst, the ghosts of Christmas's past, the unfullfilled wishes, the golden ring of bringing peace and happiness to everyone within my realm. Every year I say that I will not let myself fall in to my own trap of trying to meet all of the spoken, unspoken, hinted, wished expectations for Christmas morning.

I am in West Virginia this sunny weekend to decorate for Christmas. We brought up the decorations and the lights. Bruce wrapped the front porch, Sandy installed a new outlet in the front hall so I could plug in the tree, I chased dust bunnies and eradicated cobwebs under the old chest in preparation for THE TREE. Down it came, in it was plugged, on came about 20% of the lights. Undaunted I pulled out my handy dandy tester and spare bulbs and started tracing the wires. After replacing several fuses, possibly bad bulbs, changing extension cords, standing on one foot and invoking the Christmas fairy wish, I gave up. The tree has had a long life, it has been folded up and stuffed under the steps, in the garage and squished in the upstairs closet. I guess I was expecting a lot of those thin wires travelling from limb to limb.

Bruce and Sandy have headed out to Oakland MD to bring back a new tree. Please oh Christmas Fairy let the tree light up on first try.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...