Saturday, April 9, 2011

Naps


Naps are highly under appreciated. It is actually only recently that I finally understood that everyone doesn't nap. My Dad was a champion napper. If he sat down, he napped. It is possible he would have napped at dinner if the chairs had been more comfortable. I am a reasonably good napper - and I am grateful for the gift. Some times when work was exhausting or I had a long drive after a long day, I would nap in the car. I would put my seat back and set my travel alarm (pre-Iphone) for 20 minutes and sleep. That is all it takes -- 20 minutes - and I am good to go for the rest of the day.

But the absolute best naps are the ones with a small soft person resting on your chest. It slows your breathing and you have the wonderful scent of baby to lull you to sleep. Napping with a baby is amazing. Time stops, worries float away and it is just gentle breathing and the warm body touching yours. Thank you Madi! Soon you will be too big and too busy to nap with me, but until then I am available any time for a nap.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

It is true. While you are in the moment you fear you will be trapped under the weight of you little one forever but it soon it is gone....and you are left wanting a small,softly breathing, bump to take a nap with.

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...