Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Bucket List

The movie, the Bucket List, got me thinking about what was on my bucket list. It made me realize that I really didn't have a bucket list. Did that mean I was a ditzy as people think I am, no real wants or desires just floating along the rive of life? Were my expectations of life so low that I didn't want to tempt fate by having a list? Slowly over many months and now years I started mulling over what might be on my list if I had a list. It turns out that when I ask friends and spouse the question - what is on your bucket list - they usually have a mental list or at least a few maybe's. This year I admitted to having such a list and told my spouse that one of the things on my list was to go to a Jimmy Buffett concert. The real wish would be to sit on my front porch swing in the house next door to his and listen to the music float across the air. But a concert would be good. So, this year I persuaded my non-Buffettt groupie husband to take me to the Charlotte concert. He wasn't into tail-gating and I had to prod him to move his appointments up and leave by 6:30 but he found tickets and we went. I came home deaf and you had to know the songs to even guess the lyrics. The lesson there is once you are over 60 you do have to get close to front row center seats to actually hear the words. The show was great, I was ready to pack my bags and leave for the Islands. Now I have a visual to go with my IPod and radio music fix of escapism music.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Don't forget Willie Nelson in concert...you can cross that off your bucket list too. Or perhaps at it on to your list and then cross it off because I am not sure that it would have made your top ten.

Southern Boomer said...

No he was on the top ten! Thank you. I may still enlist the daughters in my life to go to the August concert - so keep August 27 open.

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...