Tuesday, December 14, 2010

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly

I should have listened more carefully to the lesson in the song. Cause and effect, cause and effect. What was I thinking.

This morning the rug in front of the sink was soaking wet. Checked under the sink - no leak. Opened the dishwasher - the gasket had come out of the groove along the bottom quarter on one side. Pushed the gasket back in, checked all around to make sure it was tight. Then I looked at the rug -- it could use a good wash so in it went to the washer. Then into the dryer.

Taking it out of the dryer I noticed a pile of sandy material. Easy enough, I got the vacuum and sucked up the dirt and for good measure vacuumed out the lint trap. Then the light began to dawn in my little head. I checked the washer and sure enough there was grit in the gasket around the door. Out came the paper towels. And again for good measure I checked all the nooks and crevices and got the gunk that seems to accumulate in the gasket. (Note to self: the front loading washer is very nice but it is not easy to clean). Then I ran the washer with some bleach. (Second note to self: It is very hard to trick an energy efficient, self adjusting washer into thinking there is something in there).

Looking back I should have put the rug out on a chair on the back deck and let it dry.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...