Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring


There are hopeful signs that Spring is just around the corner. The daffodils are up and the pansies are blooming. The birds are emptying the bird feeder daily. Spring is always so hopeful, I always seem to get a new burst of energy when the clock springs forward and the days get warmer.

We have lived here for almost 5 years and done some landscaping, adding one or two new plants. Last year my wonderful son-in-law added a new planting area with butterfly bushes and gardenias. I am looking forward to them filling out and blooming this year.

The front needs a major overhaul. The original owners planted mondo grass in front of the walk. Unfortunately it is the variety that spreads like wildfire. Inter-mixed is crabgrass, weeds and a healthy dose of golf course grass. Not an attractive sight. Last year my excuse was that at least it held down the dirt. I think this year I need to bite the bullet and get rid of the mondo grass and move on to something that can be tamed.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...