Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 2 and 3

It was all going so well on Day 2, kept to a schedule until we had visits from friends to see the new puppy. Just like a baby our schedule got off, dinner was late and by 8pm we had two accidents. I went to bed frustrated, puppy went to bed afraid of the crazy woman who grabbed her up and took her outside.

We made concessions on the collar. She now is wearing Zed's old cat collar from when he was little so at least in the house I have something to grab. She is still wearing her harness for walks.

I forgot that puppies cannot play tug. They don't know when to stop and they haven't learned not to nip. My arms are a wreck.

Puppies do not come on command. They do not come when wheedling or bribing. In fact they are fast little wigglers. I can't wait for the gate to arrive so I can trap her in the kitchen during free time in the morning.

Final thought. 6:45 is early. It is cold and I look like the Shrew of Haridan pre-makeup and coiffure. And in my neighborhood it is the time many of my neighbors leave for work, snug in their warm cars, coffee in hand, make-up on ready for the day. Women understand this problem.

Day 3 through diligent training of me and a running list of times we made it through the day peeing and pooping outside. Zena not me. Working on the biting, wish Dawson was here. Trying yipping when she bites too hard and looking away for 10 seconds. Then coming back to play. Seems to be working somewhat. Made the mistake of lifting my arm to toss a toy, when she jumped for it she took a big nip. I will be wearing long sleeve fleece for a while.

 

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...