Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Should have measured

My front load washer gave up the ghost, or rather stopped spinning and draining. The diagnosis was a burned out pump, the warranty company said the pump exceeds the value of the 10 year old washer and offered compensation. I was ready to go back to a top load. My front loader was wonderful on small loads and delicates, and did a fine job on everything else except it took two loads to wash the sheets on my bed, and it liked towels to be limited to three with some hand towels. The coverlet exceeded its capacity and had to be rinsed at least twice. So, a new top loader was on the menu. I measured the footprint since there isn't a lot space in the laundry room. Off to the store we went.


I was in search of a top loader without an agitator and with enough flexibility in choices for temperature and spin. Whirlpool had a good review, the Black Friday price still applied, the footprint was actually a little narrower than the old set. They were delivered, the old ones moved to the garage for sale or donation and I happily brought down two weeks of clothes to start washing.

The first load sang a little song when it ended and I went in to toss them in the dryer and repeat the exercise. When what to my wondering surprise should occur! I can not reach the bottom of the dryer. There they were clean clothes, rinsed and spun awaiting their turn in the dryer. Now I have a little stool beside the washer so I can fish out those malingering socks and shirts that seem to like the bottom best.

In praise of the new washer I can do all of my bed sheets in one load, a basketful of towels and now the coverlet is having a turn.

 

1 comment:

Meagan said...

There are no words that can express how hilarious this is!

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...