Sunday, January 8, 2012

Starting week four

Three weeks ago Bruce had his emergency surgery to repair his legs. Three weeks ago I was still in a haze, how had we gone from planning for two weeks in the mountains to waiting . Waiting for news from the surgeon, waiting for him to wake up from the anesthesia, waiting for someone wise to predict the future. What would recovery be like, how long. No one can tell you how complicated it will be. When the doctor came to check him out he asked if I loved my husband and then said you are going to find out how much.
We are getting in to a rhythm. He is able to do much more, we have equipment on both floors, I can get out to run errands and am planning to be gone overnight this coming weekend to go to Madison's first birthday. We have been very lucky.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...