Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Costa Rica













It seems I only remember to update my blog post vacations. I really spend lots of time at home, but the vacations are the most fun. Far more fun than writing about weeding or thoughts on ironing. Bruce won a trip to Costa Rica as a President's Club reward for 2011. It was a wonderful week at a very nice resort on the Pacific coast. The people could not have been nicer, the company planned fun things to do, and the weather cooperated. There was a sunset cruise one night, the water was a little too rough for snorkeling, but the swimmers jumped in to cool off. One of those times I wished I could make myself get into water without lines I can see in the bottom. Mid-trip I managed to come down with the bug Bruce had been battling since Easter, so one night I hung out in the room nursing a cough and headache, but drugs are wonderful so I got to do most things.

Now we are back to the everyday. Work, work, weeding, laundry, grocery shopping. It took a few days to recover from the bug, so I am still not finished hacking the garden back into shape. I now measure progress a foot at a time. Six feet to go on the back side, another 20 feet or so on the back, and then another 12 - 15 feet along the front, before tackling the edge of the woods. I had better start making better progress before Meagan and Ashby get here. I am trying to carve out a few days for a quick trip north to see my Mom and the grandbabies, and of course their parental units. This is an unusual June work wise. There are a couple projects wrapping up and two starting. The corporate world doesn't seem to honor the old rule in community work -- all work stops June 10 and doesn't start again until after Labor Day. I guess I got spoiled being able to count on June, July and August as slow months for writing reports and playing.

This is an open invitation to sibs and kids, come visit! The beds are made sheets are clean, the air conditioning works, the pool is open (and there are nice big lines on the bottom) and it is still delightful to sit on the back porch in the evening. Leave the city- come to the Carolinas.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...