Friday, September 3, 2010

Can I shake my laptop? Will it suffer permanent brain damage?

Most days I am reasonably computer savy and a good problem solver. This was not one of those days. The first clue -- no email. No junk email, no work email, no ads to buy something wonderful. Nothing. What could be the problem? Two days ago I renewed my web hosting service. Could that be the problem. I try to log on and am rejected, I wait and wait for a person on the help line. "Well it is possible when they renewed the account they deleted the mail forwarding." My question - can you check and help me? No not really, I can send you an email with the instructions on how to do it, and in the meantime I will send you the link to reset your password. The reset password email came but no sight of the how to fix the forwarding problem. After 2 hours, calls to company hosting the email who verified they weren't getting any email to host for me, and hunting around the web site "help" pages, I think I have fixed it, but am not sure. In the meantime I send another trouble ticket to the web hosting company, getting another auto response that someone will email me in 24 hours. I am now getting email. Hopefully it will stay fixed.

I HATE problems I cannot see to resolve or get someone to answer me.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Just so I understand. You called the company with a problem receiving email and they offered to email you the solution? Did you crack up?

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...