Monday, August 30, 2010

Where did I learn this?

There are some lessons that stand out in your memory as the day I learned to -------. But there are lots of other things that you know how to do but you have no idea where you picked up the lesson. I learned early on to never, ever put my hand or arm on my paper when I was writing. I am left handed, need I say more. For years I have given my Mom credit for my ability to quickly clean shrimp. Turns out she never cleaned shrimp, opened oysters but did not clean shrimp. After much thought I think my shrimp cleaning improvements have come from Martha, thank you for suggesting running water to keep my knife clean while I devein the shrimp. Cleaning corn is another mystery. I have never found a way to deliver silkless corn to the table.

I think the corn brush just combs the little silk strands and helps them lay down and hide between the kernels. Sage advice welcome.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...