Sunday, June 7, 2015

I am hooked

Last year we upgraded the garage door and added a new closer that kicked in after 5 minutes if I forgot to close it (not unheard of) and wifi to check if it was closed and even open and close it remotely. It was great. No more worry that after walking the pooch I went to bed and forgot to close the garage door. Next came the thermostats. Very cool. I could program them remotely and set up the weeks schedule. The thought had been to conserve power when we were away and then cool or heat when we were on the way home. Great idea but we stopped traveling for work but it was still nice to make the changes when the weather was erratic. Then I went back to work. Zena will go to day care MWF and have a dog sitter TT. Friends had complained that sometimes dog sitters said they came but didn't, and if Miss Zena was in distress I wanted to know so a friend could come to the rescue. Enter the Canary. Very low tech, no zoom or rotating eyeball so my field of vision is limited but I have eyes on her favorite perch and play area. We added a Bluetooth front door lock and now I have alerts from four sources on my phone. I can see an integrated system in my future. Doggy TV is addicting and I want more.

No comments:

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...