Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hi, no, hi, ho, it's off to work I go

In April when I knew that my world was imploding I made the decision to take a leave of absence from my "you must" self. I upped my meds enough that I could live with "I'll do it tomorrow" and left my opinions behind. It was nice, I didn't feel the need to fix everything, put everything away and tidy, I was very tolerant of dumb ideas and crazy opinions. My two cents could wait. I made it through losing Zed, kissing my grandson and his mother goodby as they boarded the train for California and beach week with five grandchildren, two step daughters and their spouses. But all good things must end. When I made the decision for a lah, de, dah life I set September as the target to be fully engaged and working.

Today I head out to a job in an office, I packed my lunch and put on my semi grown up clothes (it is a trucking company and this is a repair site) and am heading out to my first day of work. Hopefully I will last! It is an easy job tracking down orders where something is wrong with the data so it didn't load in one of their four systems, fixing the problem and then loading the data. A little sleuthing and a little data entry. I will confess it is a 30 hour a week job and one of our friends hired me. It is only for a few months while he is working on converting all of the systems to a single system. But it gets me up and dressed, gives me something to think about and brings in a little shoe money at the end of the week. Wish me luck!

 

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Maybe you can be like the rest of the people who have to "work for the man" and write blog posts while on company time.

Vanity the ultimate gotcha.

Vanity 1. Heels, shoes. They were my addiction. I loved being able to wear heels, sandals, cute shoes. Even if they were slightly uncomf...